Atlassian License

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

Hi,

Our company
just purchased a license for Greenhopper, JIRA and Confluence. We have different environments (preproduction, production, ...) on different machines. My question is: I can insert this purchased license in a preproduction machine and when I pass to another environment (so another machine) can I put it back , clearing the license on the preproduction machine? I have to notify my change to Atlassian?

I ask because each license is associated with a server ...

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2013

You may use the License in production instance. For pre-production use you can extract 'Developer' License from the Atlassian Web Site. If you expand the License Info of the product, you will 'View Developer License' option near by Actions.

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

Thanks Vishnu!

I don't know anything about 'Developer License'.

So, I put Developer Licenses on all of my Atlassian products.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2013

You can use Developer License for all your non-production instances.

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

It works ! Thanks!

Suggest an answer