Atlassian JIRA Project Management Software (v6.3.12#6343-sha1:0d8f4aa) explanation

Hi,

I have a question about a line of information from the footer of all JIRA pages (see the subject line). I understand that v.6.3.12 is the version of JIRA that is being run but I'm unsure about the sha1.

My question is, what is the sha1 referring to? Is it related to the SHA1 website certificate for the page? Or is it to do with the hashing of the page (Secure Hash Algorithm 1)? Or something else?

An answer to this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Dan.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Joseph Clark Atlassian Team Jan 21, 2016

It's the unique hash of the source control commit from which that version was built. It guarantees uniqueness of that version, since there is technically nothing stopping someone from (intentionally, accidentally or maliciously) building a new version of the product with the same version number as another build.

Thanks very much Joseph for the quick and insightful response.

Regards,

Dan.

Joseph Clark Atlassian Team Jan 26, 2016

No problem! Happy to help smile

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

180 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you