Atlassian Cloud (OnDemand): Default system Application Link between Confluence and JIRA fails.

Tiger Ouyang September 22, 2017
  1. I have both Confluence and JIRA in the Atlassian cloud (OnDemand). Versions:
    1. Confluence 1000.0.0-77962fa
    2. JIRA 1001.0.0-SNAPSHOT
  2. There are Application Links between the two created by the system called:
    1. System JIRA (PRIMARY)
    2. System Confluence (PRIMARY)
  3. The above links are marked as:
    1. Internal System Link

This is an internal link to a Cloud server, created automatically by the system. System internal links are read-only and cannot be edited

2. I cannot edit or nor delete it
  4. When I tried to use the JIRA macro in Confluence to reference a JIRA ticket, I get:
    1. Received the following HTTP error code from the server:504
  5. When I tried to create new Applications Links, it goes through the redirects back and forth and creates the links in both directions, but the created links has a status of "Deprecated".
  6. When I tried to make my links PRIMARY, it says:
    1. When contacting the server we received the following error:

• There is already an application link with the provided Application URL.
      • There is already an application link with the provided Display URL.

You can try to refresh the page. If the error persists the application logs might provide additional information or you can reach out your admin.

7. Of course the message is referring to the system default links.
  8. I verified that both Confluence and JIRA's base URLs are correct.
  9. When I tried to edit the links I created to set the OAuth or OAuth with Impersonation, I cannot save - both the "Application URL" and "Displayer URL" fields reds up and gives me the same messages as in step #6 above.

I'm completely stuck. This is totally holding me back from very important work.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

Hi Tiger,

It's true you won't be able to delete or modify any of the Cloud Application links. They need to stay exactly the way that the system created them or it could cause more issues.

I'd like to look into this for you, but I need to look at your instance and logs. I have access to the Cloud system, so do you mind if I create a ticket for you on our support system with the email address you used to create this question? 

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Tiger Ouyang September 25, 2017

Sure thing Shannon. Thanks for looking into it. :-)

Suggest an answer