Atlassian Apps and Windows 10 new browser - Microsoft Edge compatibility

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2015

Hi,

As many people know Windows 10 will launch on July 29 and update will be free for all Windows 7 and Windows 8.x users.

With this release there will be no longer Internet Explorer. It will be replaced by Microsoft Edge as the default browser on PCs, smartphones and tablets. Many people might suddenly update their systems and get this new browser.

I am wondering .. Are Atlassian applications officially tested and compatible with new browser - Edge? Will everything work? Should we be afraid of massive increase of new bugs? There is unfortunately no information on the supported platforms page/s...

3 answers

3 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2015

Hi Mirek,

Take a look at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43220. In the issue, there are links to other issues from other products. wink

-- Pedro

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2015

Hi Pedro, Thank you for replying. Unfortunately the official post was added on 11 May 2015. We are 2 weeks before the lunch, all tickets are in similar state (Open, New or Need Verification, .. ) and unfortunately nothing else posted is on them. "We will update this ticket when Microsoft releases more information about the Microsoft Edge/Windows 10 release" Are there any details on this case since May? Thanks, Mirek

0 votes
Barbara August 5, 2015

The tabs such as "Dashboard", "Project", "Issues", "Agile", etc. are not opening. More I didn't check yesterday. Anyways, each Windows 10 device has IE installed. So it is possible to manually open it there as well.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2015

Seems like a lot of work is required to make it compatible... Sadly everyone need to wait now for official support.. Good that IE is still there however this is not a solution. If you hear how many people updated OS to Windows 10 it would be great to use the primary browser .. Probably there is a plan to make JIRA 7 only compatible with new browser (not old versions..) ..

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2015

I see official update from Kerrod Williams on 30 July - JRA-43220 (added below)

Hey guys!

With the release of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge there are surely customers who are interested in knowing when JIRA (and our other products) will support Microsoft Edge.

Atlassian fully intends to support Microsoft Edge and are working to do so in a reasonable timeframe. We should see Edge support coming to JIRA in Q4 2015 at the earliest. Circumstances may change this timeframe in the coming months, and if so I will make sure I keep everyone watching this issue in the loop.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

I am just wondering.. is everything working on Edge? Can this wait until end of this year?

Suggest an answer