At a transition in my workflow, i have added a screen which reflects a multi-choice field, where i c

Monika Rawat December 17, 2017

At a transition in my workflow, i have added a screen which reflects a multi-choice field, where i can select one of the company's ERP to which the issue belongs to. Can i have an option to display this chosen ERP to everybody who moves further in that workflow??

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2017

Hello,

You should add this multi-choice field to the issue view screen. In this case if someone sets a value for the field, it will be seen in the issue view screen. You can read more how to manage issue screens here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/associating-screen-and-issue-operation-mappings-with-an-issue-type-828787857.html

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Already done that. Wanted to know if someone selects a value for that field, is it possible somehow to get that value reflected at every other step after that.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2017

What do you mean by reflecting?

Like if the user selects a value for the filed, that value must be seen in every step that follows.

Eg. I have a multi-choice field, i select a particular value for that filed. That particular value must be visible at every step the issue passes through.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2017

Do you mean that the field must be seen on all transaction screens? E.g. when you want to move your issue from one status to another, you should see the field on the transaction screen?

yes.. and without any option to change it.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2017

You can not do it out of the box. 

If you are on Cloud, I believe you can not do it.

If you are on Server/Data Server, then you can use Adaptivist Scriptrunner plugin. There a functionality which is called bahaviours. You can set a field as read only for a transaction screen without any coding. You can read more here

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.2.4/jira/behaviours-overview.html

Monika Rawat December 18, 2017

Thank you so much :)

Suggest an answer