Associating issue type to an already active workflow

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

Hi,

I have a query.

I have an issue type that has jira default workflow.

This issue type is part of a project that has other issue types and associated with a workfklow.Now i need to associate the former issue type with the workflow of the project.

My question--->Is it possible to associate an issue type to an existing active workflow??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2013

I think you are refering to 'Active Workflow scheme'. If so you may take a copy of current scheme and then edit it with the new issue type. Then you can use the new scheme in all required projects.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2013

You can even do that. When you apply new workflow to this issue type, will get a wizard to map all old status to new states. Once you mapped all steps, JIRA will migrate all issues associated with old flow to new one. It's not a big deal at all.

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

the issue is that this issue type i am referring about is

1.Already present as the part of a issue type scheme of a project

2.Its the only one thats not associated with the custom workflow and is associated with the default workflow.

3.This is in production and has already some tasks based on this issue type.

I need to assign this task to the existing active workflow of the project in question.Since its Prod i am trying to ascertain if there is any other way of doing it other than the way i described above.

0 votes
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Hi,

I guess we have to deactivate an existing workflow to associate an issue type.

However i wanted to make sure that theres no other way that someone knows.Please let me know.

Suggest an answer