Associating checklist validation with the request type

Thomas Balasch January 9, 2017

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding checklist validation. Is there a way to use validators in the worklflow, not  associated with the issue type, but the request type. I use the same workflow for several request types, but don't want the same checklist automatically assigned to them.

Thanks and best regards

Thomas

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Balasch January 10, 2017

Hi,

by validation I mean that you can't move from a certain Status in the worklfow to the next one, without having checked all boxes in the list.

A "request type" would be, for example, "Get IT Help" or "Reset password".

In my case I have request types with the same issue type, therefor the same workflow.

If I now want to use a checkbox for only one of them, I can't use said validation-feature, because the other request type would get the same checklist automically.

So the only solution I can think of at the moment is to create a seperate issue type for every request type, that needs its own checklist.

But this would be a solution we don't want to adapt with.

Regards

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 10, 2017

Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure I understand what "request type" is. And also, are you talking about validators or modifying Checklist in a workflow? If it is the latter, only issue types and labels are supported.

Regards

Suggest an answer