Associating checklist validation with the request type

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding checklist validation. Is there a way to use validators in the worklflow, not  associated with the issue type, but the request type. I use the same workflow for several request types, but don't want the same checklist automatically assigned to them.

Thanks and best regards

Thomas

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure I understand what "request type" is. And also, are you talking about validators or modifying Checklist in a workflow? If it is the latter, only issue types and labels are supported.

Regards

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

by validation I mean that you can't move from a certain Status in the worklfow to the next one, without having checked all boxes in the list.

A "request type" would be, for example, "Get IT Help" or "Reset password".

In my case I have request types with the same issue type, therefor the same workflow.

If I now want to use a checkbox for only one of them, I can't use said validation-feature, because the other request type would get the same checklist automically.

So the only solution I can think of at the moment is to create a seperate issue type for every request type, that needs its own checklist.

But this would be a solution we don't want to adapt with.

Regards

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

143 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you