Associating an issue type screen scheme with a project

Hanae alahcen April 16, 2013

I can't find the view described in the second step in the link https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Screen+and+Issue+Operation+Mappings+with+an+Issue+Type

" the screen sheme association "

where to find it please

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michal Husar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

I think this can be done only when you Edit the "Default Issue type screen scheme", not creating your own.

I hope every new created Project get first "Default Issue type screen scheme" .. so when you edit this default scheme, every project will have your edited default scheme.

1 vote

hello everybody My problem is solved , I'm gonna keep it for the moment whatever there is some limitations

i can't tell to an external client to add a screen sheme to his project just to create an issue ,i don't want to annoy the client with such constraints

1 vote
Kathy Tempesta April 16, 2013

What version of JIRA are you using? If you're in an older version (before the "cog"), open your Admin page and open the Issue Fields section of options. Issue Type Screen Schemes is last one in that group. Click it to open a list of all of your Issue Type Screen Schemes. From there, click the Configure link next to the one you want to configure.

we are using the version 5.2.8

and i'm connected as an administrator

i created a new " issue type screen sheme "

but i don't know how to associate it to all projects

Like Letícia Magnani Waknin likes this
0 votes
mohd zakir July 1, 2018

Once you have created and configured an issue type screen scheme to your desired settings, you can now associate the scheme with a project. This will apply your chosen screen scheme to each issue type within the selected project.

1. Choose setting > Projects, and select the relevant project.
  2. Select Screens.
  3. Click the Actions drop-down menu, and choose Use a different scheme:
  4. Click the Associate button.
  5. Hope this will be helpful.

Thanks

Mohd Zakir

Dhanya Murali January 22, 2019

The Scheme which i created is not getting listed under the Scheme drop down.please help

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Hi Hanae, you have to go to every project administration page and go to the tab IssueTypes and then in the right the button 'Actions' and then select a issuetype scheme.

Remember you need to have administer permissions.

Michal Husar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

I think she talk about Issue type screen scheme, not Issue type scheme.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

Administration section, Projects and See All Projects.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

Yup, my bad, didn't read the screen word :D It's like Michal said

We need a scheme scheme to keep track of them all :-)

The advice is still correct. You need to go into each project individually and update the Isse Type Screen Scheme.

(and don't apologize for "stupid questions". we all have them!)

0 votes
Michal Husar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

Hi Hanae :)

Go to project, click on Administer Project button, then on Screens(left panel) and then you have Actions button (right) and there is an action "Use a different scheme" :)

sorry for my stupid questions

if i can make this work how can i have the " Issue type screen scheme" i have created , by default when other users will create new projects ?! without associating it myself ?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

No worries Hanae, that's what AA is for :)

I'm not sure you can change the Default Screen Scheme. I'm looking now cause I can't remember but I don't see any option.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

Hey Hanae, which version of JIRA are you using? Have you logged in as Administrator?

Suggest an answer