Associating a notification scheme with a project does not seem to "stick"

Sahab Yazdani October 1, 2012

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open a Project that has an associated Notification Scheme in Administration mode
  2. From the Notifications Panel in the Summary page, click "More" to bring up the Notification Scheme page
  3. From the Actions Menu select "use a different scheme"
  4. Select "None"
  5. Click Associate

Expected Results:

The notification scheme being used in the Notification Scheme page should be "none"

Actual Results:

The notification scheme being used in the Notification Scheme is what it was before the change.

Now in some other parts of the Administration UI, it seems as if the Notification Scheme (the "used by x projects" drops down by 1), but it is unclear which page is correct.

Environment: JIRA 5.1.5, Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, Firefox 15.0.1 (if that matters)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2012

I have tried the steps given but was not able to produce the same result on my test instance. It appear to be working fine. Have you installed any user-plugins or did any customization on your instance?

Regards,

Zul

Sahab Yazdani October 8, 2012

So I did a little more research into this and it turns out that its just a visual thing. The new Notification Scheme takes effect (no notifications are sent), but the one in the Project Summary page still lists the old one. So overall, not a very big deal.

The instance is not customized, but we did upgrade it from 5.0.2 straight to 5.1.5 so it might have done something strange there.

We have the following plugins installed:

• GreenHopper
  • JIRA Syntax Highligher Plug-in
  • Minyaa Time

I'd put my money on Minyaa Time being the culprit (that plug-in group is finicky at best, but does provide us with some key functionality). But again, not the biggest deal now that I know its just a visual oddity and not actually affecting the functionality of JIRA.

Thanks for your help :)

[edit: And just as I wrote this I goto Minyaa's bug tracker to find: http://www.minyaa.com/jira/browse/MYAA-1227]

Suggest an answer