Associated project error

Anandh March 9, 2015

I have created a board called "IEEE Control"  that’s associated to "IEEE", but I didn’t expect it to add all the existing jira tickets to this new board. Would you help me rework this so that the board is empty? Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2015

Hi Anandh,

Basically, when you create a board for a project, it starts with a query that grabs all issues on that project. If you'd like to chance this query, go into Agile (top panel) > Manage Boards > Configure (In the board you wish) > General > Edit Filter Query.

If you need assistance to get a query together through JQL, please check this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2015

At it's core, a board works from a simple saved search.  If you're getting issues you genuinely want to ignore on the board, then alter the board query (first page in "board configuration") to exclude them.

Suggest an answer