Associate The Same Project to Multiple Schemes

Michael Canning February 9, 2015

Hi,

I am currently demoing the "Default Values for 'Create Issue' screen" add-on and have a question. I have a handful of issue types that I am associating with different view field configurations (some are normal issues and some are sub-tasks). The problem is that they are all part of the same project and with the add-on I seem to only be able to connect the project to one view scheme at a time.

Is it possible to have issues within the same project active and associated with different issue types at the same time? Basically, can I have the same project associated with more than one view scheme?

Thanks and please let me know if there is a way to do this.

-Michael

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Canning February 11, 2015

Thanks, Gebsun!

That totally worked!

0 votes
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2015

Hi Michael,

This is doable!

You are right that it is possible to link only one scheme to a project. However inside that scheme you can link several field configurations (representing different defaults) to different issue types. 
This way inside one scheme (linked to a specific project) you can link different default values with different issue types.

Let us know if that helps or you have more questions (I hope I understood your concern correctly).

Thanks,
Gebsun 

Suggest an answer