Assignments Not Pushing From Portfolio

Tom Napper March 20, 2015

Hello.

When use the "Create and Link.." function in Portfolio it acts strangely with regard to the People assigned. 

What I expected: 

• Users would be assigned to the task in JIRA

What I got:

• Task came in as "unassigned"
  • After selecting an issue in the Epic I tap the "a" key I see the resource as assigned in Portfolio in the pop-up
  • When I use the cog next to the task I see "unassigned" in the pop-up box.
  • When I choose to open the task, I see "unassigned" 

So..somewhere in the workings JIRA knows who I assigned to the issue in Portfoliio but it seems to be getting lost.

Is there a switch I haven't thrown?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2015

Hi Tom, 

Upon issue creation, the assignees are indeed currently not set for issues. Background of this was originally that we assumed there is more high-level planning done in Portfolio, and most often there is more than one member suggested to work on a story or larger feature, whilst on the JIRA issue only one assignee can be set. As we see different usecases for this, we'll look into improving support for it. 

However, right now you can use the "Plan" > "Apply updates to projects" functionality to set the assignees after issue creation. In the dialog, you can choose which fields to update/set on the linked issues, so you could for example only select to set the field "assignee" for issues on the "story" hierarchy level. The dialog applies the changes to the currently filtered subset of the backlog, so you can use filtering/text search in the backlog first, and then update in bulk for all these issues. 

Generally, this only works if exactly one member is assigned in Portfolio, since only one assignee can be set on the issue. 

0 votes
Tom Napper March 24, 2015

Thank you. Discovering the "Plan" > "Apply updates to projects" function has helped me alot. I must have missed that in the video tutorials. Thank you.

Suggest an answer