kieranrepo September 21, 2017

Hi there,

I hope you can help

I have a workflow that goes through three approval steps:

OPEN > Approval 1 > Approval 2 > Approval 3

When it's in approval 1 state it should ONLY be actioned by User: Kieran

When it's in approval 2 state, it should ONLY be actioned by User: John

When it's in approval 3 state, it should ONLY be actioned by User: Patryk

Is there a way to force the issue to be assigned to the specific user when it reaches each status?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2017

You can write workflow condition and postfunction on appropriate transtions. Condition will allow only perticular user to perform the transition and postfunction on appropriate transitions will assign the issue to a specific user.

There is Postfunction 'Update field', you can select Assignee field and give specific user. So for Approval 1, it should update field with Kieran and so on. You can put condition like Only Assignee or can also create different approval groups and use 'User in Group' condition.

kieranrepo September 21, 2017

Thank you! I only see a postfunction for assigning the current user or the development lead. How would I go about customizing this to choose specific users?

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2017

There is postfunction 'Update Issue Field'. select field Assignee.

kieranrepo September 25, 2017

Is there anywhere I can find examples of this? I'm struggling a bit & don't see where I can do this

Suggest an answer