Assigning and custom project property and filtering issues by it

Phil October 17, 2017

Hi all, 

Does anybody know of a way to create or adapt a project property that also appears on every issue when creating or exporting a filter? 

I need to assign projects to specific teams and I want to be able to export all current tasks and then filter them (using a pivot table) based on which team they are in. 

Thanks, Phil.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2017

Without any coding, three options:

1.  Map your teams as Project Categories, then use filters like "category = Team Yay"

2.  For each team, have a different workflow with a post function on "create" that sets the team data somehow

3.  Set up components and a dummy team lead and auto assign to them (this is easy to set up, but means you can't use components)

With coding, you've got a lot more options, but you'll need to find or write add-ons to do it.

Phil October 17, 2017

Thanks for your reply @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

Can I confirm a couple of things?

1. Option 1 would be perfect but I don't think the project category is available as a column in a filter and therefore doesn't appear in the export - am I right? Do you know of any way to change this?
  2. I could try to set up number 2 - I trust a workflow can map a project property to an issue property?
  3. Sounds complex :)

I'm open to using marketplace plugins and am currently trying Profield but I'm not sure it does exactly what I'm after. 

Thanks again. 

Suggest an answer