Assigning Users to Tech Leads

Richard Jones July 13, 2015

Hi All

I am trying to configure JIRA so that I have certain users attached to different team leads. For example I have five team leads with 4-5 developers beneath them. I'd like an easy way of saying that one JIRA user is working in another JIRA user's team.

I was looking at roles as a workaround but this will be a pain to implement as it is not project level security I'm after. I also though about adding a tech lead custom field but again this will be overhead of maintenance and is not really what I'm after here.

Is there anyway I can do this? I am using JIRA timesheets reporting and want to easily group some users together based on team lead.

Any plugins that allow me to do this?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2015

If you don't want plugins and use the native features, you can group users via "groups". Create a group for each lead and add users to it. Use this group for role permission or other stuff. The members of this group can be extracted via the JIRA API programatically.

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2015

Tempo allows you to set up teams, so that the lead can easily see a report of the whole team.

Richard Jones July 13, 2015

Hi Nicolas. Thanks for the answer. Problem here is I dont want to use tempo. I actually want to use this on other extracts from JIRA. the timesheet one I spoke about is only the first one I want to do. Is there no other way that you know of?

Suggest an answer