Assignee was override by post function of workflow even if I set specified user in transfer screen

Maggie Gu August 14, 2017

Hi All,

I created a workflow for bug, one transition is from "In Progress" to "Verification", I added a post function of "Assign to Report" and added "Assignee" field in transition screen for this transition.

For example: 

this bug reporter is "A".

1. I transferred this bug from "In Progress" to "Verification". 

-- Automatically assigned to "A", this is right.

2. I assigned the bug to "User1" when transferring the status from "In Progress" to "Verification" in Transition screen.

--Automatically assigned to "A" not "User1", it's wrong. In history, it showed the assigned change from "User1" to "A".

For 2, how to make it work?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Hello Maggie,

Post-functions are always executed  at the end of the transition phase, thus even if you assign the issue to "User1", still it will be always assigned to "A" becuase in your post-function you have configured it that way. Because the post-function is excuted after transition screen thus "A" overrides values of "User1" as assignee. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

You need a more clever post-function - some code to  pick up when you want to run it and when not, and wrap that logic around the "assign" statement in it.

Maggie Gu August 15, 2017

I have a "Jira workflow toolbox " add-ons, and not find the post-function you said.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2017

It doesn't have one.  You'll need to find or write one to do it, or use one of the scripting add-ons to write code to do it in-line

Deleted user January 2, 2019

Hi,

I have come across the same scenario at JIRA v7.1.8 (on server). One teammate wants to save the selected 'Assignee' (X) (at 'Create' Issue screen) instead of post function changing it to another user (Y). Could someone please assist me with this?

Not sure whether it's still an issue any more for @Maggie Gu or someone else?

Maggie Gu January 2, 2019

Still not find a way to fix it. :(

Suggest an answer