Assignee was not in a group

Tibor Molnar May 22, 2014

Hi Everyone,

We're using Jira 5.2. and I'm trying to create a filter that gives me the issues that were NOT assigned to anyone outside of a particular user group in the last 4 hours. (In other words: issues that were ONLY assigned to 1 or more users in "mygroup".)

I've tried this JQL query, but it doesn't seem to work:

assignee WAS NOT in NOT membersOf("mygroup") AFTER -4h

There are hundreds of users excluded from "mygroup" and unfortunately there is no user group that includes all of them.

However, users inside and outside of "mygroup" can be identified by a specific text string in their e-mail address: All users have "foo-mygroup" / "foo-notmygroup" in their e-mail address. So I also tried the following:

assignee WAS not "foo-notmygroup" AFTER -4h

assignee CHANGED from "foo-notmygroup" to "foo-mygroup" AFTER -4h

Alternatively, I could also live with a filter that gives me the issues where the field assignee was not updated by members excluded from "mygroup" in the last 4 hours.

assignee NOT CHANGED by "foo-notmygroup" AFTER -4h
assignee NOT CHANGED by NOT membersOf("mygroup") AFTER -4h

I have no luck here either. None of my JQLS seem to be valid.

Any ideas are highly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Tibor

1 answer

0 votes
John Paz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2014

Why are you using groups if, as you stated

There are hundreds of users excluded from "mygroup" and unfortunately there is no user group that includes all of them.

Seems you should definitely not be using membersOf.

The JQL Tricks Plugin seems to have what you're looking for:

User Functions

• membersOfGroups(group1,group2,..,groupN)
  • projectLeads()
  • projectLead(project)
  • usersInRole(project,role)
  • userMatches(regex)
  • inactiveUsers()
  • usersInTimezone(timezone)

Suggest an answer