Assignee issue depending custom field in jira.

Hi All,

Can issue be assigned in JIRA depending on the custom filed selected.

I'm aware of the component filed have similar funtion but this is already used at the time of create event.

Further task assignment in the workflow depends on the custom field in JIRA.

E,g Impact Area= example1 ticket will be assigned to Mr.A

if Impact Area= esxample 2 ticket will be assigned to MR. B

1 answer

Hi Neeta,

Depending on customfield value you can assign to a particular user(You can map as value-user) on work flow post function. Try to use the work flow post function to get this.

Thanks,

Patina

Thanks for your suggestion however could you please elaborate more on (value-user) post funtion.

Hi neeta,

I mean value-user is map for the customfield value and user which need to assign. For example take your example, Impact Area= example1 ticket will be assigned to Mr.A

if Impact Area= esxample 2 ticket will be assigned to MR. B

Then you can put this value and user in map like {(example1,Mr.A),(esxample 2,MR. B)}.

In post function you can retrive the "Impact Area" values and once you get the value in the "Impact Area" you can assign the issue to value related User using the above map.

Could you please let us know if you feel any difficulty.

Thanks,

Patina

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,075 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot