Assignee field no longer works in transition. What should I check?

Davina Tsosie December 18, 2016

I have several screens where I've created custom Assignee fields. They were working at one point but just stopped working. What could be missing?

Also, I don't have Field Configurations for these screens but would I need it for the Assignee to be a requirement?

thanks,

Davina

image2016-12-18 14:59:39.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2016

What do you mean by "fields stopped working"?   What specifically is wrong with them?

Also, be aware that "field configurations" are applied to project and issuetypes, not screens, so I'm not sure what you're thinking there.

Davina Tsosie December 18, 2016

In the screenshot attached, I have screens with the Assignee field so the user can re-assign the issue to another user. It worked and would assign to the user selected but it just stopped working. It is not assigning to the user selected. The Assigned remains me and/or the user logged in making the changes.

How can I get the Assignee a requirement in a screen before transitioning?

Thanks,
Davina

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2016

Ok, assuming you really do mean the assignee field and not the functional analyst shown, then it's one of:

• the field configuration has been changed, such that the assignee field is hidden for that issue type in that project - it won't appear anywhere for the issue
  • the field has been removed from the transition screen
  • you do not have "assign issue" permissions

Suggest an answer