Assignee field no longer works in transition. What should I check?

I have several screens where I've created custom Assignee fields. They were working at one point but just stopped working. What could be missing?

Also, I don't have Field Configurations for these screens but would I need it for the Assignee to be a requirement?

thanks,

Davina

image2016-12-18 14:59:39.png

1 answer

0 votes

What do you mean by "fields stopped working"?   What specifically is wrong with them?

Also, be aware that "field configurations" are applied to project and issuetypes, not screens, so I'm not sure what you're thinking there.

In the screenshot attached, I have screens with the Assignee field so the user can re-assign the issue to another user. It worked and would assign to the user selected but it just stopped working. It is not assigning to the user selected. The Assigned remains me and/or the user logged in making the changes.

How can I get the Assignee a requirement in a screen before transitioning?

Thanks,
Davina

Ok, assuming you really do mean the assignee field and not the functional analyst shown, then it's one of:

• the field configuration has been changed, such that the assignee field is hidden for that issue type in that project - it won't appear anywhere for the issue
  • the field has been removed from the transition screen
  • you do not have "assign issue" permissions

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,301 views 12 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you