Assignee doesn't receive email notification

DSI Articque January 6, 2021

Hello,

I am not able to setup Jira so that it sends email notifications to the support team for the project.

In Administration > System > Mail > Outgoing Mail, I have configured our SMTP server and it is working correctly since I do receive the test email.

Our project is using the Default Notification Scheme that we do not have edited.

When I run the Notification Helper and select the account assigned and the ticket, the helper confirms that this account should indeed receive notification for the various events (ticket created, updated, assigned...).

Is there any other settings that I should enable to enable the emails to be sent ?

1 answer

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Can you verify that the Assignee does not belong to 'Customers' of that Service Management project?

This used to be a common topic around in our envs., if a user is both a Customer AND an Agent, then notification schemes will be confused by that, and it will prioritize Customer notifications above Agent ones.

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Second thing to think of would be how you are verifying this:

- ideally, you should raise the request and modify assignee under a different account than the Assignee themselves (and also to bypass the "Notify me: false" user preference, that every user has in their Profile)

Suggest an answer