Assignee buttons on Kanban boards

Sven Wiese-Solty December 3, 2019

There are these nice assignee buttons on a kanban board. They're very helpfull for our meetings. But in default they're just showing the assigned tasks and what so ever. But I like to customize the behind query (in that way, that they show also all tasks where the user was involved). I know how to do that with custom quick filters, but I want to use the build in buttons. Is that possible? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hello @Sven Wiese-Solty

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to edit the query behind the avatars on the kanban board, as they were created to only return the assignees of the issues of that board.

We have a feature request to allow those avatars to be displayed/edited as custom filters in Jira:

Use avatar as a filter 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, we recommend you to keep using quick filters to display the issues with any activities of the users, but not necessarily assigned to them.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Sven Wiese-Solty December 4, 2019

Hi @Petter Gonçalves 

in our use case I would just double the buttons:
first the avatar buttons, that show the currently assigned tasks
and after that the long custom filter buttons that show the extended information (in our case all tasks that the assignee was involved). This extended information is very important because only so everybody who was involved in the task workflow sees at what stage the task he was involved is right now!

Thanks for your answer,
I voted the  Use avatar as a filter 

Best
Sven

Suggest an answer