Assignee based on custom fields

Kristen Viscardi August 29, 2017

On the create transition I need to set who the issue is assigned to based on a jql query. Is this possible?  Depending what is selected in one of our custom fields is who the issue is assigned to. 

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2017

Not adverstising for any company, however do you have the Create on Transition plugin for Bob Swift?

Yes. I should mention that the assignees have to be set on the issue creation transition.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2017

Did you try the post function "Write field on issues returned by JQL Query or issue list?"? I am looking at the screen the target field can be Assignee and then you type your JQL query

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2017

you can set it to happen before the "Creates the issue originally"

I need to set 6 different JQLs, will this work? Where do I put the assignee name that I want entered?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2017

ok what about giving me 2 JQL queries and I will try it in my Dev environment of course I will change the assignees name to users I have in my instance.

It's a service desk project, so some of the assigning deals with what customer request type is selected.

- If it's a Premier, Essentials or Deal Desk addendum / MSA:

- Assign to x where sales team = Enterprise
  - Assign to x where sales team = Channel
  - Assign to x where sales team = Field AND MRR > $3K
  - Assign to x where sales team = Field AND MRR <= $3K

- Assign NDAs to x
- Assgin RFPs to x
- Assign Renewals to x
- Assign Partner agreements and Other legal requests to x
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2017

Ok I will try it and get back to you

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2017

Can X be in more than one team?

Kristen Viscardi August 30, 2017

no x is always an individual.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2017

Morning Kristen,

I checked yesterday night, the "Create on Transition" won't work because of the different conditions you have.

I suggest a script if you can use the ScriptRunner.

Best

Fadoua

Trinidad PEREZ August 30, 2017

Hi,

I use the Dashboard gadget to see who the issue is assigned.

Trinidad

Suggest an answer