Assignee Field

Jen Hamilton June 10, 2016

How can I set it up so whomever access a ticket first it will automatically be assigned to them?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2016

I presume you leave it unassigned at creation time, correct? You'd need a script to run and being in the cloud you don't have access to scripting.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2016

I would say that Service Desk automation might help, but even that won't pick up "person looked at an issue"

Jen Hamilton June 10, 2016

Is there no plugin/scripting allowed in the cloud?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2016

Server add-ons are not allowed on Cloud, except for the pre-selected list of ones Atlassian are willing to support there.

You can install Connect add-ons, but the structure for those is quite limiting and there's nothing really resembling a scripting add-on for them. 

My mob include Jamie Echlin, the writer of Script Runner (for server), and he's looked at doing it on Cloud.  I'm not going to pretend I understand half the limitations, but one example of why SR for JIRA Cloud has not been done is that there's no way for it to do Conditions or Validators on transitions, it can only do post-functions.  The Cloud/Connect API simply doesn't expose enough power to allow for much scripting.

Suggest an answer