Assigned to me gadget not working

varsha srivastava February 3, 2014

Users are not able to view issues assigned to them under Assigned to me gadget. These issues are not resolved

Version: JIRA v6.2-OD-08-034

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2014

"Not able to view issues" is unclear.

Do you mean that the gadget does not list the issues? Or that it does not display them when you click to them through the gadget?

In the first case, take a very close look at an issue that is NOT appearing. What, exactly, do the resolution and assignee fields say?

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2014

I doubt it. The assigned to me filter specifically looks for issues where the resolution field isn't set. Since you can't see the field the SQL doing the search isn't working so it says you have no issues.

Tim Schmelter November 4, 2020

Why this filter assumes that a issue is Resolved if it's not Unresolved? In our workflow it changes to Incomplete after work has started.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2020

Because Jira has a simple resolution flag - if the field is filled, the issue is resolved.  If it is empty, the issue is open.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2014

If you believe this is an error you should open an issue with Atlassian. this forum isn't to resolve problem with the application.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2014

There's a couple of things you can do in Jira that get a"broken" gadget like this. It's probably one of those, rather than a bug in rhe gadget...

varsha srivastava February 6, 2014

I mean that the gadget does not list issues

Is there a way for me to hide the resoultion field and yet display issues under Assigned To Me Filter

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2014

Ok. So find an issue that you think should be there and tell us what it looks like on the view screen. Specifically, assignee and the content of the resolution field.

(We can get into "hide resolution" later, let's understand the problem you asked about first)

varsha srivastava February 6, 2014

The resolution field was hidden because of which I was not able to view any issues under Assigned to me Gadget. When I changed resolution field to show, I was able to view issues under Assigned to Me gadget. So that problem is solved now. I just want to know if there is a way for me to hide the resolution and yet display issues under Assigned to Me field

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2014

The assigned-to-me gadget is actually quite simple, and works like any other filter. What it shows is the result of "assigned to current user AND unresolved"

It doesn't care whether the field is used, shown or hidden, it simply checks to see if there is a value, and if there is, the issue is resolved, and hence not in the gadget.

I wouldn't bother to hide it, as it makes it clear to the users what is going on with an issue. What you might find better is to simply remove the field from all screens, but set and clear it in workflow transtions. Then it will always be correct and your gadgets will work.

Tim Schmelter November 4, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  So "Assigned to me" is not working for us, because the resolution is changed from Unresolved to Incomplete if a ticket status changes, but it's still not resolved. I'm not an admin of our instance, but is there a way to fix this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2020

That sounds like you have a broken resolution.

You have a resolution of "incomplete" in the list, but it does not mean what it says.  When you put any value into the resolution field, you are marking the issue as resolved, whatever that value might look like.

To fix this, you need to change your workflow such that when an issue is re-opened, it clears the resolution field out, not seeting "incomplete". 

Then go to the list of resolutions and rename incomplete (and any other resolutions that say it's not done) and rename them to something clear like "do not use this resolution" or "broken resolution".  You'll then want to run a report on all the issues that have a broken resolution, and check if they are still open, and if they are, take them through a transition that clears the resolution.  Once you've corrected all of them, delete the broken resolutions from the list.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer