Assign user to issue on state transition

Sabyasachi Dalal March 10, 2015

Hello,

I want to assign an issue to a particular project role on a particular state transition. For example, when a bug is fixed and the state is changed to "QA Start", then the issue should automatically assigned to QA Lead.

How can it be done ? in the transition post-functions , there is option to only assign to current user, lead developer, reporter.

I am on JIRA 6.4 OnDemand.

thanks

s dalal

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2015

Hello,

To achieve this you can enable the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions add-on on your Cloud instance and use the "Assign to role member" post-function.

Please note that you need to add the users and/or groups to the correct projects roles, in order to have the post-function working properly. If you're not sure about how to do this, please check this link.

After enabling the plugin, please follow the instructions below to configure the post-function:

1. Go to Administration > Workflows
  2. Click the link for the workflow in 'Steps' column
  3. Click 'Open' link in the Step Name column
  4. Click 'Create Issue' link in the Workflow browser (the inbound transition that arrives into the Open step)
  5.  Add a post-function called 'Assign to last role member', and set the Assignee field to desired project role (which was previously configured).

I hope it helps.
Regards,

Arthur Gonçalves

Sabyasachi Dalal March 11, 2015

Thank you for the quick response. That was very helpful. But, when i tried it, the user of specified role was not selected. Then i discovered that the particular user was not visible in the project. Though , i have added the user with certain role in the project. I have to dig into it ......

Sabyasachi Dalal March 13, 2015

Hello, i could not make it work. I have a project role called Dev-Lead and want the issue to be assigned to the user with this role in the project, when a particular transition happened. So, i have added a user to this role, and as per the directions given by the Add-on creators, i also added a user property with key called defaultAssignee and value= PROJ1 -> Developers, PROJ2 -> Developers.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

On Cloud, the only option is to use JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions plugin. See 1 & 2 in https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWE/Post-functions#Post-functions-1-Assigntorolemember%28newin1.2,updatedin3.0.1%29

Sabyasachi Dalal March 11, 2015

Thank you !

Suggest an answer