Assign to me on main dashboard

Rami Saleem September 7, 2012

Hi All,I have 3 different projects, one of these projects dashboard does not show the assign to me ticket unless the ticket is still with Unresolved resolution.

This issue is applicable on all the user, and one one project only.

Note: I am using the default "Assigned to Me" widget for all my projects.

2 answers

0 votes
Charles Albrecht September 7, 2012

The "Assigned to Me" gadget (at least in 5.1/5.2) cannot be configured to be project-specific, so every instance of the gadget is based on the query:

assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = unresolved

I would never expect to see this gadget include resolved issues. (The "Watched Issues" gadget does have the ability to include resolved issues, but, like "Assigned to me," is not project-specific.)

The "Filter Result" gadget, of course, can be configured to provide results based on an arbitrary configuration and can be set to provide the results you're expecting with a dedicated shared filter targeting a specific project.

(In case you're referring to something other than gadgets on dashboards, the canned filters accessed from the project's "/browse/" landing page similarly exclude resolved issues. These are on the filters menu on summary tab in 5.1, Issues tab in 5.2.)

I think your best bet, if setting up dashboards for your individual project teams and want assigned issues to appear even after they've been resolved, is to set up shared filters which don't check resolution...

assignee = currentUser() AND project = MYPROJ

...call it "Assigned to ME (MYPROJ)" and use it in a Filter Result Gadget.

Rami Saleem September 7, 2012

Thank you.

But some time i have ticket still not closed such as ready for test or in test status, and with resolved resolution.

so the Assign t me MUST show such tickets!

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2012

Hi Rami,

By default, the "Assigned to Me" widget will only show you tickets that are unresolved - it won't show you tickets that have been closed.

To get around this, you could create your own filter that will show you all issues that have you as the assignee, regardless of whether or not the ticket is resolved.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=185729481

Then, you can include the filter on the dashboard using the "search results" gadget.

-Simon

Suggest an answer