Assign to me like Button for Custom User Picker

I have a custom user picker field to which I want to associate an action like the "Assign to Me" button. So bascially when I click on the button the user on the custom field will be updated to the current user.

The purpose for this button is so that testers can click on the button and "assign" the testing task to themselves instead of changing the assignee of the issue. I am trying to avoid creating multiple issues for development and testing purposes, as the issue workflow manages those steps.

Is this possible, or any other work arounds available?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Not possible by configurations. It will be pretty easy if you are okay with developing a new custom field type. Another option would be to use some javascripts but involves querying some REST APIs to get current user etc.

It is a pretty good place to start at. You might find this useful too!

http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2010/08/custom-fields.html

ok, I have come across https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/How+to+create+a+new+Custom+Field+Type

Are there better example of how to extend the Custom User Picker field? Or am I better of starting from scratch?

0 vote
Henning Tietgens Community Champion Mar 05, 2013

How about creating a (looping and common) workflow step which updates the customfield to the current user?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

498 views 3 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you