Assign to Component Lead when setting Component/s with Post-function

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

Hey,

I have a post-function first in the list of post-functions in my Create-transition which checks the Description field for certain keywords. When a keyword is found the post-function updates the Component/s to a pre-defined value.

This works like a charm! I have a number of Component/s set based on the content in Description.

However ...

When a Component is set this way it seems that the default assignee feature is not working properly. I.e. it won't set the Component Lead when the ticket is created even though that is defined for the Component in question.

I have verified that this works if I set the Component manually during the Create process.

I suspect JIRA is dealing with this default assignee BEFORE the post-functions are executed. Is this the case? And is there anything I can do to circumvent this?

Cheers,

// Svante

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2015

Update on Transition for JIRA has the Update issues post function where you can use the componentLead function substitution in the assignee field provided you know the component name. Most likely you would need this at the end of the post functions and hope it doesn't get overridden by default processing on the create transition (always a problematic transition sad).

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2015

Sweet, thnx Bob! I will try it out! I already use the Create on Transition so if this plugin works it will be a breeze configuring it :-)

Svante Gustafsson July 10, 2015

I installed the plugin and created a post-function with the condition if Component is set then set Assignee to the Automatic value. This picks up the setting for each Component and sets assignee accordingly. Works like a charm! I had to put the post-function right after my post-function setting the Component and just before the Creates the Issue Originally! Thnx for another valuable plugin! It will be used more in the future! Cheers, // Svante

0 votes
Derek Sheeman July 8, 2015

I'm dealing with the same conundrum, did you ever figure it out?

Suggest an answer