Assign new issue type to an existing workflow scheme

René Steg September 17, 2012

I have an existing workflow scheme in JIRA with 8 issue types. Now I created a new issue type, the according workflow and would like to activate this issue type.

Somehow I completely forgot how that has to be done, I clicked through several screens, but did not find the feature. What am I missing?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

You will have to create a new workflow scheme and migrate the project to the new scheme. You cant add new workflows to active workflow schemes.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

I agree. There must be some implementation specific reason. I have no idea!

René Steg September 17, 2012

Thanks for the immediate feedback. Just out of curiosity: What is the reason behind that? I find it rather strange having to migrate just because I added a new issue type. I would understand a migration, if I change existing settings.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer