Assign new issue type to an existing workflow scheme

I have an existing workflow scheme in JIRA with 8 issue types. Now I created a new issue type, the according workflow and would like to activate this issue type.

Somehow I completely forgot how that has to be done, I clicked through several screens, but did not find the feature. What am I missing?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You will have to create a new workflow scheme and migrate the project to the new scheme. You cant add new workflows to active workflow schemes.

I agree. There must be some implementation specific reason. I have no idea!

Thanks for the immediate feedback. Just out of curiosity: What is the reason behind that? I find it rather strange having to migrate just because I added a new issue type. I would understand a migration, if I change existing settings.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

578 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you