Assign issues in work mode

sarah Thompson January 23, 2014

I find it very difficult to easily assign issues to my different users. It looks like I should be able to drag and drop my issues to different users in work mode if I order the swimlanes by Assignee but this doesn't appear to work. What am I doing wrong? Also, is there a way to change assignee in plan mode on the detail screen? Right now I have to go to the ... menu and Assign, I'd like to make the Assignee field ediable on the detail screen.

2 answers

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

A fast way is to hit "a" and enter the assignee if the issue is selected.

0 votes
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2014

Hi Sarah,

The use of Swimlanes is to serve display purpose only. Drag & Drop is based on columns for progress tracking purpose hence you cannot change Assignee by doing so. However, I think you're reasonable about an option for changing Assignee from the Issue Detail View pane in Plan (and Work) mode. If you insist on this, I can help to raise a feature request for it in our forum.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer