Assign issue to project role (JIRA Misc Workflow ext)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

Hi All

I have JIRA Misc Workflow extension plugin,

using this plugin, i am trying to set a post function, assign issue to project role (CCB)

Now, whenever i am executing the transition, the issue is getting assigned to User A

Now I am not sure how this assignment is taking place,

As per my understanding, JIRA does not have the concept of default member for project role, and we have to set this by selecting Property Key: defaultAssignee and propertyValue in the transition properties.

I have checked for sure there are no active properties in that transition.

How can this automatic assignment happen?

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

The post-function will choose the "first" member of the role - first meaning the first in the Java Collection that the JIRA API is returning (which is basically unpredictable).

This works well if you have only one member in the role. Otherwise, you'd better use the User Property to identify the default role member.

Suggest an answer