Assign default assignee for Bug,Story,Epic to Project Lead and Task and sub-task to Unassigned

Bob Chen June 7, 2017

In Jira 7.3.3, For one of my projects I need to assign
Default Assignee for
Bug, Epic, Story --> Project Lead
Task & sub-task --> Unassigned

I gone through some documents they are unclear and unable to solve this issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-automatically-assign-an-issue-to-a-user-based-on-issue-type-704413717.html?_ga=2.241490818.1294160250.1496680197-985938714.1494956977

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

The document is accurate.  Where is it unclear for you?

Bob Chen June 7, 2017

*Click on Create Issue. Now you will see the Transition : Create Issue workflow page. Click on the Post-Functions tab. Click on Add post function.

when i open step name id, its showing workflow of that step, but when i click on create issue,  i didnt see the Transition : Create Issue workflow page. insted its creating a new issue

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

Ah, you're right, the doc is unclear.  My familiarity with it made me error blind.

You're clicking on "create issue" in the menu, not "create issue" in the workflow editor.

Bob Chen June 7, 2017

Now, That works, 

Thanks

Nic

Suggest an answer