Assign assignee in issue isn't possible anymore

Hester van Donkersgoed December 20, 2017

With the new update of the pop-up information of the issue, it isn't possible to change the assignee within an existing issue to a different person anymore. 

Anybody experience the same?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hester van Donkersgoed December 27, 2017

I see now that the groups that have permission in the global permissions, are not the groups we have (or had), so it looks that something changed there. Managed to change it to groups we use and it works propperly now!

thnx

Permissions.png

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2018

@Hester van Donkersgoed

Good , just if you could accept answer maybe it will help other

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

Could you check the global permissions - do you have the right to browse the list of users?

"admin rights" means you can administrate the system, it's (rightly) separate from other permissions like browse user and project permissions.

0 votes
Hester van Donkersgoed December 22, 2017

Assign issues has permission for 

• Application access (Any logged in user)
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2017

Ok

in the Global Permissions, the user has the ability to select a user or group from a popup window ?

Hi, i have all the administrator rules, so i suggest that i have all the permissons?

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2017

Not in all cases , admin has all rights :)

Really i don't know what happen maybe it's a bug , or try to restart your instance 

0 votes

Naamloos.png

Hi, 

See hereby how it looks. We're using the cloud version, in the new look&feel. Now with the pop-up of the issues (backlog or current sprint) we aren't able to switch the assignee any more. 

Cheers hester

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2017

Hi,

could you check the permission scheme?

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi Hester,

I agree that we need a screenshot.  Here is my Cloud instance when I hit Edit:

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 10.38.32 AM.png

I do have to scroll down towards the bottom, however, it is there.  Take a look at the Screen configuration as well and make sure the screen you're using has it configured

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2017

Hi,

can you share a screenshot about your problem ?

Suggest an answer