Assign a permission scheme to a project that does not have a permsions sscheme

Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

Some how we manage to get a project in our environment that does not have a permissions scheme. Because it does not have a permissions scheme, I can not administer the project and add a permissions scheme.

Is there an sql command that will allow me to add a permissions scheme to a project via a DB update?

JIRA 7.1.7

Postgres DB

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2016

If you are a JIRA admin and can't modify the project I'd open an issue with atlassian.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2016

Possibly.

First, check https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unable-to-access-a-project-permission-scheme-configuration-due-to-nullpointerexception-297670208.html

If it's not that, then Joe is spot on - do not touch the database more and contact Atlassian.

Suggest an answer