Assign JIRA to two users

Richard Jones June 26, 2014

Hello

We currently have about 30% of our JIRA tickets reopened as part of our software development cycle. This is far too high in our opinion.

I would like to be able to assigne a developer to a JIRA and then assign another developer to check it before it is resolved and ready for QA. Is this possible? Is there a plugin that would allow us to do this?

In summary I want an Assignee and a Checker

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2014

No. Assignee is a single field, the person currently responsible for the issue.

For your case though, I'd create two user-picker fields - one called "developer" and another called "QA" or "checker". Then I'd use the workflow to flip the assignee as appropriate (e.g. when a developer says "yup, ready for QA", automatically change the assignee to the person in the "QA" field, and if the QA person fails the test for some reason, automatically change it back to the develoeper)

Richard Jones June 26, 2014

Thanks Nic (especially for the speed of your answer) Is there any documentation on how I can make the workflow change do this?

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2014

Start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow- the most important bit for you here is the stuff about "transitions"

Suggest an answer