Assign Insight Objects using Post-function

Seumas Gagne September 26, 2022

I am trying to use the Insight Post-function  in a workflow to assign an employee object to the Jira issue using the value in the 'Reporter' field. I've read through other posts on this topic and haven't found one like my situation, so here it goes:

In the post function I left the condition blank so it would always try, then entered "E-mail address" = ${reporter} in the IQL field and pointed it at the Jira custom field for the staff record.

It works, but only on a subset of people and I can't see any difference between those it will find and those it won't other than the ones it can find are users with application access.

I attempted to debug by taking someone who was not findable and giving them application access temporarily, but it didn't make them findable.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Assign object/s based on an IQL query based on data from an issue

1 answer

0 votes
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2022

Hi

Are you sure all the users have the "E-mail address" attribute filled? 

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 14.26.27.png

How are the users reporting issues in Jira if they don't have application access? Is it coming from customers in a JSM project perhaps? I don't foresee that they need to have application access so long as the email in their user is the same as in Insight.

On which transition are you setting the postfunction? the Create transition or a later one in the lifecycle?

br

Lisa

Seumas Gagne October 3, 2022

Thank you for answering. Yes, all the records have email addresses.

Only the IT staff has access to the application. The user community writes to an email address for support which is ingested into our helpdesk project in Jira.

The post-function is Assign object/s based on an IQL query based on data from an issue

Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2022

Hi!

On what workflow transition is your post function firing?  

I would look through a couple of those issues where the post function has not worked tand read through the history tab. If for example the post function is triggered on the create transition and the reporter was changed after issue creation then the insight cf will not change accordingly. 

Seumas Gagne October 17, 2022

Thank you. The post function is invoked at the first status change, which in our case is from 'pending' to 'in process.' I've examined the history tabs and there is no indication of why the assign action failed. I appreciate your willingness to contribute!

Suggest an answer