Assign Button within a Ticket cannot assign to others

Jimmie Strong January 5, 2015

When I logon to Jira even on different platforms (Win, Mac, Etc) I do not see the ASSIGN TO button when I click on ASSIGN inside a ticket. Anyone know why that has disappeared?  Does NOT matter what Browser I use and I have used different computers as well.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2015

There has to be something in JIRA. The browser can't do that.  Is it ALL projects you have access to? If you're sure everything is OK open an issue with Atlassian support

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2015

Check that you have the (project level) permission "Assign users" and the (global) permission to "Browse users"

Jimmie Strong January 5, 2015

I do have both levels of Security, this happened this Morning and not sure why. Nothing was changed I may have hit a key combo, but Not sure what.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2015

I don't think there's anything that would do this. Unless an admin has wedged in some javascript (ugh) to hide the assign to link. Is it possible to see a screen shot? Also, what versions are you on? Cloud, or standalone-x.y.z?

Suggest an answer