Asset types

Craig Eves December 21, 2021

Hi Jira community

My old workplace used Jira, and I'm looking to bring it across to my new workplace to improve the briefing process. My old work had a dropdown box with pre-populated asset types, but I can't work out how to pre-populate here. Can anyone shed any light. Currently using a personal version of Jira Cloud (Free) just to prove it's what we need before work shell out for 20+ licences.

Thanks

Craig

1 answer

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi @Craig Eves , welcome to the Community. I’m not sure what this drop down is specifically. It could have been a custom field or maybe related to Insight integration? Here is some documentation on the later - what-is-insight-in-jira-service-management-cloud 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Asset types indeed sound like they would come from Insight.

Keep in mind tho that on Cloud you only have access to Insight (an asset management system) with JSM Premium (so if this is what you need yo might need to start a premium trial). 

Could you maybe clarify a bit more where you would find that field (agent view? customer request type?) and how exactly it worked? (maybe explain the proces a bit)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events