Asignee not showing up. How do I assign a user?

Craig Hood April 30, 2012

I have 3 users in this Jira instance, me the adminstrator, user 1 and user 2. User 1 and 2 are in the "users" and groups. I can assign an issue to User 1 but User 2 does not show up in the Assignee drop down.

What am I doing wrong?

4 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

When you start typing the name of User 2 is it coming? If yes, this is same as https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27396

0 votes

I have also added screen shot showing that the Default Permissions Scheme contains the "users" Group as Assignable Users and a screen shot showing that the Default Permissions Scheme is set on the Project.

So the users are in the Group, the Group is in the Permission Scheme and the Permission Scheme is attached to the Project. It seems like it should be working and yet only Administrator and smachay (USER 1) show up as Assignable users.

0 votes

Thank you Renjith for the help! Attached is a screen capture of the Users screen showing both users in the "users" group.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

User 1 and User 2 belong to exactly same set of groups? If not check the Permissions scheme whether the groups that User 2 belongs is added to 'Assignable User' permission.

Suggest an answer