Asign to project lead in edit screen

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

Hi,

I know that Jira have a post funtion where can assign a issue to project or component lead, but I see that when I edit a issue (edit issue screen) if I put field assigne, there is no option in field 'assigne' of 'Project Lead', only 'Automatic' and my users...
In my project I put 'Unassigned' in 'Default Assigne' so if I put 'Automatic' in field 'Assigne', issue don't assigne to project lead...

Is there any way to assign 'Project Lead' in edit screen if my 'Default Assigne' is 'Unassigne'?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yilin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2013

The assign operation only trigger when a workflow transaction is trigger (change status), so editing the issue page is not an transaction so it will not assigne to default assignee set in the project.

Maybe you can do like set a extra status as a trigger for the assign? You can also try the toolkits plugin for JIRA, it will provide you more option to archive your goal.

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2013

I understand. Thanks Yilin!

So best solution is to make a extra status with trigger that assign automatic to project lead.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

Yes, it is : http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUPIN/How+%27Live+Fields%27+work

I will ask my team to prepare a recipe for that.

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2013

I don't know the relation of your answer with my question. Live Fields see a plugin to change value if another change or make some own script code. My question was that if possible in 'Edit Issue' to assign to project lead...

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2013

Maybe I mis-interpreted your question. However, this is achievable *automatically*, and this is what I wanted to point it out.

Suggest an answer