As users must have a license each, how do people who currently use shared mailboxes work?

DevOps January 13, 2015

Whilst my own view is that email should not be part of a robust process and tools should be used, some are still using shared mailboxes and so how do they get notification automatically (i.e. say times 4 ) out when it is allocated. Can issue be allocated to a Group (in Jira) and how does that all work please?

Thanks,

David.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2015

I'll start at the bottom - JIRA deliberately has no "assign to group", it requires that the assignee be a single individual currently responsible for the issue.  In my experience, this is a generally the correct approach, as I've never seen an organisation deal with group assignee without it going wrong (variations on "I thought someone else was looking at it".  Absolute killer).

The best ways to represent some forms of group ownership are at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+do+I+assign+issues+to+multiple+users

For the other question about notifications, it depends on how you're saying "it gets allocated"?  Do you mean it is assigned to someone?  Or created?  Or goes through a certain point in a process?  (e.g. support issues may not be assigned until they are triaged)

Suggest an answer