As of a month ago gadgets are randomly going undefined.

Michael Burge January 8, 2020

I have a cloud version of Jira and the gadgets that are going undefined are native available gadgets.  You can see in the Screen shot the 3 I have highlighted are the ones that will randomly come back as undefined.  The Velocity gadget is the one add on gadget and it does not have this problem.  

When this happens I delete the undefined gadget from my instance and re add it and it works fine for several days and then goes undefined again.  

What is going on and how do I permanently fix this?image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Michael,

I am not aware of any issue affecting cloud at this time.  Might be something with your instance.  You can submit a support ticket here and Atlassian can investigate.  https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Michael Burge January 8, 2020

Thank you!

David Looby January 9, 2020

@Michael Burge can you link the support ticket here so I can upvote it? I am having the same experience. It used to be that reloading the page would clear this error, but in the past few weeks, it's a more consistent problem that is not remedied by refresh.Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 10.56.23 AM.png

Michael Burge January 9, 2020

David -

https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-540839

As you can see in the ticket they identified a problem in December when I first saw it and apparently fixed the issue.  The workaround was to just delete the unavailable gadgets and add them again. 

At this point they are all working for me I will just keep an eye on this issue reoccurring.

David Looby January 9, 2020

I tried this and the bug appeared again. Ha.. well I can't open your support ticket... that was silly of me to ask for that, thought it would be a ticket in Jira's Jira backlog.

Michael Burge January 9, 2020

I used the work around in Dec when it first happened but it then appeared again the first week of January.  This is when I submitted the bug.  Maybe there was some residual situation that had to be cleared out.  We shall see.

Suggest an answer