As an admin, I still can't add a sprint burndown to my Jira dashboard

Bar T January 26, 2016

When I add the gadget to the dashboard, it shows: 

{"errorMessages":["You currently don't have access to perform this operation."],"errors":{}}

2 answers

0 votes
Avinash Gautam February 1, 2018

Hi  Barbara,

Could you please check https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-13212

This issue is explained in the above ticket.

--Avinash Gautam

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2016

As an admin, you have admin rights, not access to other stuff (although admin lets you maintain the other stuff).  Are you a user within the project?  With permission to see the board?

Bar T January 26, 2016

Yes, I created the board, the filter is shared and trying to add it to my dashboard. Looking for the "help" section for JIRA but it brings me to this documentation site.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2016

Ok, if it's your board, you can definitely see it.  I don't know what "the filter is shared and trying to add it to my dashboard" refers to, as you add gadgets to a dashboard, not filters, and there's several ways to get some gadgets on a dashboard.  Could you describe what you are doing?

Bar T February 2, 2016

I am on the JIRA dashboard and try to add the gadget for the burn down chart to show. That is when that error happens. The filter /board itself for the burndown chart is shared for others to view, not sure why it won't display on the dashboard

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2016

Ok, so could you tell us exactly when the failure happens.  When you click on "add gadget", or when you select a gadget from the list and add it, or when you are in the gadget config and you click confirm to update the settings?

Bar T February 3, 2016

I go to the dashboard.

Add gadget

Select the Sprint burn down gadget

Add

Result: {"errorMessages":["You currently don't have access to perform this operation."],"errors":{}}

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2016

I'm slightly curious as to where the "errorMessages" and braces are coming from in there, because when I've got a broken gadget, I only get the actual error message.  It suggests you're using an odd way of adding gadgets.

Anyway, three more questions:

• To whom does the dashboard belong?  Is it yours or are we looking at the system one?
  • Is the board and board filter shared with groups/projects that your admin account is definitely in?
  • What happens with other gadgets?  Could you test with other Agile and none-Agile gadgets?

Suggest an answer