As an Administrator, can I set which version of the Jira UI (classic or new) users see by default?

mattysquanch November 15, 2017

Right now Jira gives everyone in my administration the option to choose which UI they'd like to use, the updated UI and the classic look & feel.  At a dispersed studio this makes it incredibly difficult to teach people how to use the product because we could be looking at two versions with buttons in differing locations etc.  Also it's not easy to direct people to the location where they can change Jira back to the classic or new look & feel. 

4 answers

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

Ok Matty, I logged in to JIRA Cloud and checked the admin console there is no menu displaying classic or new UI (Look and Feel). Can you please send a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Here is the behavior I've seen.  Users will get a pop up asking them to try the new jira experience. They click it because it seems like the thing you should do & then are stuck in the new Jira experience while others who either clicked no or never got the pop-up are on the classic version.  Here are some screenshots...2017-11-15 10_46_29-Details - JIRA.png2017-11-15 10_47_55-Trover Bug Dashboard - JIRA.png2017-11-15 10_46_19-Details - JIRA.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

Check "General Configuration" at the very bottom make sure that Product recommandation is OFF

Seems to be. 2017-11-15 11_21_27-Jira Configuration - JIRA.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

Ok let me check

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

what about this one Matty? Attached is my screenshot

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 2.43.09 PM.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

Another one that you need to make sure it is unchecked.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 3.00.12 PM.png

If possible I don't want to lose functionality, just make sure the UI isn't all folded into the left sidebar.  The team prefers having access to dashboards, boards, issue nav & projects at the top & visible. And it would be great to be able to set which UI the team is using globally. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

Dashboards are a different story.

Users can have their own dashboards and you can setup as an Admin JIRA (system) dashboard.

1 vote

Just double confirmed that there are users that are not listed as part of the admin group in user roles but have the new UI.  So about half of the org has it and half doesn't.  I'd love to be able to pick one for the org rather than go computer to computer to fix. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

I am with you Matty no Admin wants to do that

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

Can you please take a screenshot of the menu under Admin Console?

Where is the admin console specifically? There are multiple admin screens - which one are you referring to? The same as above? Cog > Applications > Versions & Licenses?

2017-11-15 08_17_51-Jira Software configuration - JIRA.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

Send me please a screenshot of System

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

Hi Matty

Which version of JIRA are you using?

Are you giving admin rights to all your users? Because only an Admin should be able to do it.

If everyone is an Admin it is a very bad practice.

Only 1-3 people are admins right now. We're using JIRA Software (Cloud)...I was looking in the administration panel & couldn't see where the specific version # is.  

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

That's fine since you are cloud users that means yo uare on the latest version.

You should be able to see your JIRA version by clicking on the

Cog -> Applications -> Versions & Licenses

Let me check cloud version for the issue you are having.

Suggest an answer