As a user, when I open the "Create Issue" pop up, I want the Project to be set to the Project I'm already in by default

Yen Pham February 1, 2016

So I and others don't accidentally create an issue in the wrong project. This happens pretty often by many people

3 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2016

I think the logic is to open in the project you last created an issue in.

Yen Pham February 1, 2016

Right, but most people in my experience expect that if you go to a specific project then try to create an issue, that the issue's project would default to that project you're currently in

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2016

I raised this issue to deal with this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-59650

The problem is that it is a Server side property. Not a client side property. So opening up multiple tabs in different projects inteferes with the feature.

0 votes
Dennis Poort February 1, 2016

For me this is already default behaviour. It is on Server instance though.

I open a project, create issue, project is set to current project. I cancel the issue, open a new project, create a new issue, project is again set to project I am currently in.

Suggest an answer