Are you sure all these banner adds in OnDemand are a good idea?

Gareth Hughes May 18, 2014

I, and many of my team, are getting increasingly annoyed by the banner adds in our OnDemand instance.

I have about 10 Jira/Confluence/Bamboo tabs open at any given instance and I find myself having random banner adds on them all. Even if I clear them.

It's clearly something you want expand on and I appreciate that it's handy for the occasional message but you are using it to advertise conferences and other paid products on a site we pay plenty of money for already. I haven't read the T's&C's but this isn't an ad supported product.

IMHO Be careful how far your push this model

3 answers

3 votes
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2014

Just a side note that there is a new FAQ page on this available at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+Communication+Engine+FAQ.

A.G. March 1, 2015

0 votes
Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2014

Thank you for raising this concern with us, I'll make sure this answers post reaches the right person within Atlassian. For the short term we offer the option to opt-out of these advertisements by raising a support case requesting this.

0 votes
kristofferb June 9, 2014

I must say I agree, these are getting anoying, and not beeing able to control where they appear is an issue for us. Right now they take place on top of the corporate information section on the front page, giving impression that this is information from corporate.

Please turn this off untill the Confluence administrators can control (turn off) the occurences of the Atlassian ads.

Suggest an answer