Are there system logs for changes made that I can inspect in OnDemand Jira?

Sam Hopkins June 26, 2012

Hello,

My system is configured so that there are specific people with the Project Role (Administrators) permissions for the projects they maintain. One of them claims he made a number of changes to his project under people, components, that suddenly have reverted. I also have this feeling that certain changes I've made as an administrator haven't stuck.

I'd like to understand if there's any kind of system logs that show system config changes to determine if these are cases of user error or system failure. Does such a thing exist?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2012

There is a plugin that provides an audit log. But you're using OnDemand so you can't install it.

I don't think there's anything on OnDemand that would do this, certainly not in the parts exposed to the customer. You'll need to contact OnDemand support to get any further with this (but I wouldn't expect much!)

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2012

That's right, I don't think we'd be able to help much. There's an outstanding feature request here:

If there is a particular change you want us to try and track down for you, let us know and we can try and dig up as much information on it as we can. Usually this amounts to checking Apache access logs and will not reveal the user responsible, but at least it can often rule out system failure.

0 votes
Sam Hopkins June 27, 2012

Thanks. The specific statement from my team member was, "I changed all the default component leads Monday around 7AM (Pacific) and now they're reset". I also swear I changed the default permissions on our Confluence spaces and found that I hadn't (timing is lost now). If these things are too vague to look up easily (and I quite understand they are), then I'll just watch for oddities going forward.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer