Are there rights outside JIRA admins, for managing user groups?

Rutger S. March 13, 2013

Hi all,

I noticed only admins and sysadmins (groups) can manage user groups.
However, one can imagine it's beneficial for project leads to manage groups too, of course not all groups, but perhaps 'their own'.

It may be handy for a project lead who needs to add individual users to roles all the time, to each new project, in projects where the (dev, test, etc.) teams don't change. Adding a group is much faster.

Does anyone know if it's possible to create such a situation, of course without giving the project lead (sys)admin rights all the way (those are far too many). Otherwise it may be a request for adding this to JIRA...

Regards!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013
0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

I wrote a "mygroups" plugin once that allowed setting group owners, the group owners could manage group membership for those groups alone.

But I can't find the source now... :-(

If I dig it out I'll post it...

Rutger S. March 17, 2013

Hi Jamie, that would be interesting... :)

Suggest an answer